Monday 6 June 2016

Finding Good New Homes Is A Lot Of Work

I've been looking at a lot of Austin new homes lately, and man it has been a lot harder than I expected! There are so many things that you need to look into that I never would have considered.

I got really lucky, too. When I looked at my first house I approached things like I was still a renter. I just wanted to look for the simple things: how big were the rooms, what were the amenities, how much would I need to pay for the place.

I never would have thought to ask about the foundation, and certainly wouldn't know how to look for cracks. The wiring and plumbing are also things that never concerned me until recently: I just thought that if the toilet flushed and everything turned on I would be fine. I also had no knowledge of what I needed to look for in the yard that could be a potential problem.

Thank goodness I had a real estate agent that actually wanted to see me happy. Otherwise, I would have bought the first place that seemed alright to me; and I would probably be a lot unhappier for my troubles!

No comments:

Post a Comment